Saturday, August 4, 2012

My About Me is Hidden :/


I'm Jade Hatweck, 20yrs. old, and I am currently enrolled in cosmetology school.

Since I was little, I always noticed a spark in me that not everyone has, but I didn't know what the spark was. All through school, I was always the one writing everyone's name all pretty, making signs, decorating posters, painting homecoming signs; I even won the art award in high school!!! I loved and still do love being artistic and creative with everything. I love decorating, sewing, writing, coloring, etc.

 I aspire to be a professional make-up artist in "SHOWBIZ." To me, working on TV sets, movie sets, high-fashion photo shoots, etc. just seem so exciting!! I'm a loud, obnoxious, out-spoken, blunt, and spontaneous girl, yet, I am a more of the "behind the scenes" kind of girl. There is just something about making other people feel good about themselves that makes me feel good about MYself.

 I have been doing make-up since I was 14 years old. That makes 6+ years total now.I work for a Photographer who is also one of my best friends, Tyler Hebert, an AMAZING CONCEPTUAL/ FASHION PHOTOGRAPHER. (Click his name to view his Facebook and check out his photography) The story is kinda funny! One day, I told him I wanted to come on a photo shoot even if it meant helping out with lighting and whatnot. Well, just my luck, I was in store for a lot more than just helping out with the lighting. The make-up artist scheduled to work the shoot didn't show up. Tyler asked if I would mind attempting the make-up for the shoot, and assured that he could fix any of my mistakes with Photoshop. (In my head I was thinking...I hope you are a pro at photoshop) I did the best I could do at 14 years old. Later, Tyler called me and he complimented my work by telling me that I had natural talent with make-up. I was then inspired! I began researching, watching hundreds of YouTube videos, buying fashion magazines, and doing make-up whenever and on whoever would let me. I automatically became amused with the line of work. Tyler offered a full-time job doing make-up. I accepted without even thinking about it.

First Make-up Ever:
Model: Meagan Thierry




Since then, I have learned a many tricks, secrets and techniques that improve my work. I also have widened my product lines so that I learn the different qualities of each product.  Now, I can no longer see myself doing anything else for the rest of my life.

Seeing clients' faces light up seeing the finished results are so motivating!

Thanks for reading this blog!! I appreciate any comments left below with questions, comments, and requests for blog posts to come. You can also find me on facebook, YouTube, and E-Mail!!!

And always remember, you are who you are so don't let anyone tell you otherwise and/ or try to change you.

xoxo jadehartweck (:


Find me on Facebook:

Find me on YouTube:

E-mail Me:




No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by!