Monday, August 12, 2013

MY FAVORITE MAC LIPSTICKS

*My Favorite M A C Lipsticks*



IF YOU HAVE NEVER OWNED A MAC LIPSTICK, I AM SO SERIOUS WHEN I SAY YOU ARE TOTALLY MISSING OUT!! EVEN IF THEY WEREN'T SO AMAZING, (WHICH THEY ARE) I WOULD BUY THEM JUST BECAUSE THEY SMELL LIKE HEAVENNNNN!!!! THEY SMELL LIKE A VANILLA MILKSHAKE AND I AM OBSESSED WITH ANYTHING VANILLA!!! IT IS JUST SUCH A LUXURIOUS SMELL AND FEELING ON THE LIPS!!

LIP PRODUCTS ARE BY FAR MY FAVORITE!! I JUST LOVE HOW THE COLORS ARE ENDLESS AND YOU CAN REALLY SHOW OFF YOUR PERSONALITY WITH A SIMPLE CHANGE IN LIP COLOR.

THE COLORS I HAVE VARY FROM AN EVERYDAY LOOK TO AN EXCITING NIGHT OUT!!!

TO ME, A BOLD LIP IS SO FUN AND IT IS DEFINATELY A HEAD TURNER!!

I RECOMMEND EVERY SINGLE LIPSTICK THAT WILL BE BELOW AND I PROMISE YOU IT WILL BE MONEY WELL SPENT!! MAC LIPSTICKS ARE $15


#1 - CREME IN YOUR COFFEE
(cremesheen)
My all time favorite color would have to be creme in your coffee! 

Creme in your coffee is also in my favorite formula by MAC, cremesheen!! It is so silky on the lips and rather opaque. It is just an all around beautiful color!! It is a sort of deep dusty rose with a tiny hint of beige. I naturally have rather dark lips so this color is pretty much an everyday your lips but better color. I usually pair this with sephora lip liner in "radiant rose" and then top it off with  MAC lipglass in "Lovechild!" Since creme in your coffee is pretty deep (nothing dramatic or anything) it actually semi-stains your lips which causes the lipstick to last a lot longer than a pale color. I just cannot say enough great things about this color!






#2 - ANGEL
(frost)
The next MAC lipstick that I am so obsessed with that I am about to have to pick me up another one is "Angel!!!" Kim Kardashian has already made this lip color famous, and it certainly deserves the credit!! "Angel" is a B E A U T I F U L everyday pale pink color that will look amazing on just about any skin tone!! It is a frost lipstick which means it is supposed to have a frosted shimmer and  shine to it but I find it is so opaque, you can barley see any shimmer. If I were to recommend one MAC lipstick if you don't own any, this would be the one.. The color is so versatile!! Kim K. usually tops Angel off with B but I tend to normally reach for my NYX butter gloss in "Tiramisu!" I usually line my lips with SEPHORA'S lipliner 





#3 - CREMECUP
(cremesheen)
Cremecup is actually one of MAC's top sellers. It is a very basic light cool-toned pink. It has pretty good pigmentation for being such a light pink. Since my lips are so pigmented naturally, I usually line my lips with SEPHORA'S lipliner in "Royal Rose" because the lipliner is much deeper, it darkens the lipstick just a tad! It truly is a beautiful color though! This is another color that looks great on pretty much every skin tone! I have actually been grabbing for Cremecup more than Creme in your coffee because if just screams summer. It is such a girly pink lip color!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS COLOR FOR TEENS AND THOSE WHO ARE UNSURE ABOUT WEARING LIPSTICK. 






#4 - RUBY WOO
(retro matte)
Ruby woo has to be the most gorgeous true cool toned red my eyes have ever seen!! There is just something so pin up style about it. The only downfall to Ruby Woo is that since it is a retro matte, it is pretty drying. Before you apply your lipstick and lipliner, I cannot stress enough to exfolliate your lips and apply a lip balm. Ruby woo is hands down my favorite red lipstick on the market (and yes I own a lot of red lipsticks both high end and drugstore) To me, the two best lipliners to pair with Ruby Woo would be MAC "cherry" lipliner  or Revlon lipliner in "red." Both of these lipliners are cool-toned reds as well.  When I say cool-toned, I mean that they are blue based rather than orange based. A blue based lip color will cause your teeth to look extra white while a orange based lip color will assentuate any yellow pigment to the teeth. I know a lot of people think lipliner is for "older people," but I really do suggest wearing a lipliner with a red lip. This will prevent the lipstick from bleeding onto the skin around the mouth and it will also help the lipstick stay on longer. It also defines the lips and makes them look extra elegant and classy!! Ruby Woo is such a pigmented color that it will show up on ANY skin tone, pale or dark. It is such a flattering color. 






#5 - MORANGE
(amplified creme)
I don't know about you, but I have been on this orange kick and I don't know how to stop. I am so in love with this color, words cannot even begin to describe!! OH! And the formula is so hydrating, it feels like silk on your lips!! The amplified formula is extra creamy and extra pigmented!! This color is also awesome beause you can wear it hot and bold, or you can lightly tap in on the lips and smear it in with your fingers for a light wash! I understand this color can look scary, but sometimes you just have to have fun with your makeup and make a statement!! I guarentee you that if you get this lipstick you will get TONS of compliments because suprisingly, it is a very flattering lipstick! I looked high and low for a lipliner to wear with this lipstick but nothing satisfied mean, but honestly, you do not even need a lipliner. That's how pigmented this lipstick it!! IT IS SUCH A GREAT TIME!!! I do normally only wear this lipstick when I am wearing strickly black, white and grey though! No matter if you like it or not, ORANGE IS THE COLOR OF THE SEASON!! EMBRASE IT!!!!!




...and last but deff not least...

#6 - CANDY YUM YUM
(matte)
This is by far the funnest lipstick that I own!! It is a **G O R G E O U S** NEON HOT PINK and yes, when I say NEON, I MEAN NEON!!!! I woulnt be suprised if this was glow in the dark under a black like lol. The blue undertones in this lipstick are so exquisit I just can't even deal!! Eventhough Candy Yum Yum is a matte, it is NO WHERE near as drying as Ruby Woo. This might sound crazy, but it is almost hydrating. It feels like velvet on your lips. This lipstick is so highly pigmented, you have to be very careful when applying so that you don't go outside the lines and cause a hot mess!!! This is deffffff a show stopping shade!!! You will have people asking what you're wearing, lol!! This lipstick also semi-stains your lips causing longer wear time and fewer touch-ups!! It is just so vibrant and possibly the best girls night out lipstick every created. Be daring! Be bold! Try it out!!






Thank you so much for taking the time to read this post!! I really appreciate it and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it!! Leave me comments below saying what you want to see next!! I want nothing more than to give you what you want to see!! 

xoxo jadehartweck!!! (:











No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by!