Saturday, July 28, 2012

When is Cheaper Better?



Go Generic? - Hmmm...


I will be the first to tell you that I am a MAJOR cheap shopper. If it's a generic brand, I am usually purchasing it to try it out. But, I bet I am not the only one who has bought a generic brand of something and was unsatisfied with the product. How do you know when generic is the way to go? Here is my opinion on just a few products!!

By the way, I got extremely tired while typing this up, therefore; I will most likely add a part 2 later on!!


1. Nail Polish Remover
I DEFINITELY believe that you have to buy the more expensive brand and leave the generic on the shelf!! Yes, I'm sure the cheaper brand will remove your nail polish, but you will use WAY more than with the more expensive brand. It simply isn't worth it.

Go generic? -  NO!
( Generic) Equate 2 pack- $3
           
ONYX Professional-$5 


2. Facial Moisturizer 
I, personally, use the generic equate brand oil-free moisturizer. I also like it very much. To me, it does the exact same as a more high end product, which I have tried several. The face, even if you have oily skin, needs moisture to stay healthy, just like the rest of your body. As long as you are putting and oil-free moisturizer on your face daily, you should be good!! 

Go generic? - YES!
Neutrogena Oil Free Moisturizer $10
      
( Generic) Equate Oil Free
Ultra Gentle Facial Moisturizer $6
3. Make-up Remover
You can research this if you want, but the ingredients found in all make-up remover are the exact same. This means, you are really only paying for the name brand in which you buy. There's not much more I can say about this one, haha. Just make sure you are purchasing an oil-free remover. Trapped oil is never good for your face!! 

Go generic - MOST DEFINITELY YES!!
Neutrogena Make-up Remover $7

Equate Make-up Remover $4

4. Q- Tips (also Cotton Balls)
This is just silly to have to justify my opinion. If you know the difference, please let me know because the only difference to me would have to be the price!! 

Go generic - YESS!!
Equate $2

Q-Tips $7
Is there a product that you question? Let me know by leaving and comment and I'll get right on it to check it out!! Also leave me comments with questions and requests for another blog..

And remember, you are who you are. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise and/or try to change you!

xoxo jadehartweck (:


Find Me on Facebook:

Find Me on YouTube:





No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by!