Thursday, August 15, 2013

BEAUTY ON A BUDGET.. $20 FACE

Since I have been dealing with makeup for quite a few years now, I seem to forget that there are a lot of people who aren't really aware or makeup and what different products do! So instead of recommending all these high-end products that I have fallen in love with, it's time to take a step back to the basics where I started. Believe me, when I first started out, we didn't even have a Sephora or an Ulta. It was just me making my mom take me to Walmart, Walgreens, CVS and Kmart for makeup.

The worst part about drugstore makeup is that you can't try it on before you buy it!! SUCKS!!

This blog post is going to be a full face makeup list of products that are around $20 for an everyday makeup look.

I know some people prefer powder foundations and some prefer liquid, so i will put both.

In my opinion, without a doubt, you should invest in a good foundation because without pretty skin, your entire look can change.

**HELPFUL HINT**
 ALWAYS APPLY ALL LIQUID PRODUCTS (FOUNDATION, CONCEALER, CREAM BLUSH/BRONZER/HIGHLIGHTER, ETC BEFORE APPLY ANY KIND OF POWDERS. THIS WILL PREVENT A "CAKE FACE" 

foundation:
maybelline dream liquid mouse (liquid)
found at all drugstores and online
$6.94
This is the exact foundation that I used to use as a teenager. I love it!! Moderate coverage, perfect for an everyday school look. I dries to a natural finish so a setting powder isn't even needed.



milani even-touch powder foundation (powder)
found at walgreens,kmart,target and online
$6.79
This is a great powder, cheap or not. I used it on clients all the time because it has a great amount of coverage and it doesn't leave the skin looking powdery or cakey!! It has a very smooth finish that can be reached when is buffed or pressed into the skin.


concealer:
maybelline fit me concealer
found at all drugstores and online
$5.49
This is another simply fantastic product. This concealer is great for spot concealing and undereye concealing. Very light weight and still has a decent amount of coverage. ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SET YOUR CONCEALER WITH A POWDER!!!! 


eyeshadow:
wet & wild eye shadow palette-walking on eggshells
found at most drugstores and online
$1.99
The consistancy and color pay off from these wet&wild eyeshadow are head turning!! They are so pigmented you will be shocked!! I 100% recommend these eyeshadow trios!! There are so many to choose from, I just think this one in 'walking on eggshells' is the most universal everyday shade trio!!! GREAT BUY DON'T PASS THIS UP!!!


blush & bronzer:
elf blush-bronzer duo 
found at kmart, target and online
$3
This is another staple product in my kit. This is an almost exact dupe of the ever so popular NARS Laguna/Orgasm blush/bronzer duo that can be found at Sephore for 40+ dollars!! The blush shade in here is SOOO pretty and will look fabulous on every skin tone. The bronzer in the duo is fantastic for both warming up the face and contouring!! You will be sorry if you don't pick this up to try out!!
lips:
elf essential hypershine gloss
found at target, kmart and online
$1
These are so simular to the Stila lipglosses found at sephora it is scary!! I am inlove with these lipglosses, and for just $1 there's no way you can go wrong!! They have a variety of different shades, but again, I think this is the most everyday shade for school/work. They actually smell pretty decent too. fruity!!

mascara:
jordana best last extreme mascara
found at walgreens and online
$2.99
This mascara is so volumizing you will be shocked. The entire jordana collection is great actually. I love this mascara and so does almost the entire youtube community. It was an unexpected gem found at the drugstore!! Well worth the $2.99
total prices:
liquid: $21.41            powder: $21.26



thanks so much for reading. hope this helped you out!! let me know what you think and what you want to see next!!!

xoxo jadehartweck


 Find Me on Facebook:
Find Me on YouTube:










No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by!